Thursday, January 26, 2012

One small victory..

Well, there is good news.... my BP has gone down. It's still not where it needs to be..but it's much closer. I attended my second yoga class and I was amazed that I was able to do everything with a bit more ease. Maybe there is hope for touching my toes again :) One of the things I'm learning is how to meditate. I think in time, I'll find this will be the best thing about the yoga class - learning how to clear my mind. I have not started the food diary but I have been very conscious of what I'm eating. I'm taking smaller portions, staying away from the dessert tray and today, started drinking water in the afternoon. I'm still drinking coffee but mixing more decaffinated coffee with the regular. I still enjoy wine with my dinner in the evening but have a smaller glass - like I said - little changes. I've found a very nice lemon herbal tea that I have most evenings now and I treat myself to a couple of squares of extra dark chocolate. Unfortunately, our weather turned totally nasty with a full day of freezing rain and rain on Monday. I missed work because the roads were impassable. While the roads are better now for driving, they are still treacherous for walking. I have exellent ice cleats but even with them, there is still a great deal of 'slippage' This leaves me with riding our stationary bike which I really don't enjoy that much. It's an older bike so it's not comfortable at all. It's set up in a great place - looking out our giant windows but that's the only up-side of it! When I get some extra cash, I'm going to look into either a new-to-me bike or perhaps really splurge and find a bow-flex. I know DH would love one of those.... thanks for the encouraging notes and great suggestions on the BC boards...it's very helpful and really is keeping me on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment