Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yoga...or you want me to do WHAT??

Tonight I attended my first ever yoga class. There were 10 people in the class and I think I was the only true 'newbie'. Fortunately for me, I wasn't the oldest in the class :) So, I learned the corpse position - don't really care for the name but the position is okay :) and a few others - the names escape me right now. I think I will definitely 'feel the pain' tomorrow but all in all, I have to say it was an enjoyable hour. The last 15 minutes are spend in meditation. So I'm hoping it will accomplish a couple of things - learn to release stress and regain some flexibility which I truly need. I can't remember the last time I was able to touch my toes! As for my eating habits, I'm making a very conscious effort to stay away from the dessert tray (so far, so good!) This would be a typical day when it comes to meals. 6:45 am - a bowl of cereal (fibre one, cheerios, shreddies) with 1% milk Coffee at work - I'm now having 1/2 decaf with 1/2 regular - 3 cups Mid morning - a whole wheat bagel or 1/2 sandwich on whole grain bread (with peanut butter) Lunch - a bowl of soup with 2 pieces of cheese, lettuce salad, 4 crackers, glass of 1% milk and a small fruit salad Mid afternoon - some raw almonds and unsalted sunflower seeds. supper - a piece of chicken or fish with brown rice, potatoes or pasta. some type of vegetable. A glass of red wine and sometimes a couple of pieces of dark chocolate. I may have cranberry juice or something similar if I don't have wine. I don't usually eat a bedtime snack but may have a glass of milk or yogurt or a bowl of raisin bran cereal. I'm also making more effort to eat more fresh fruits although I am trying to shop local - so in northern Ontario in January about the only local fresh fruit available are apples. I brought my exercise band to work with me - Now every hour, I take a break from the computer and do a few arm curls and stretches. I think I'm on the right path......

No comments:

Post a Comment