Wednesday, February 1, 2012

moderation is the key

I can live with moderation. It means I get to have most of the things I like without feeling deprived but control the portions. Walking has finally become easier now that we've got some snow covering all the darn ice! It also helps that the days are getting longer. Somehow, walking in the dark at 7:00 pm, doesn't seem as black as it did a couple of weeks ago. I still need a good headlamp, and I still need to watch for the neighbourhood crazy drivers but that's okay. It's been an easy winter for the deer in the area. I'm seeing lots of tracks. Over the past few days, there have been 4 beautifully healthy deer wandering in my fields. My neighbour, Su, did warn me that there are at least 3 large timber wolves in the area too. I haven't come across their tracks yet, but they may be staying closer to the bush rather than on the road. I have to say, I'm feeling better. My energy has come back...I have no idea why I was feeling sluggish, except for the winter doldrums. Of course, it does help that my gardening catalogues have arrived. There's nothing like flipping through page after page of gorgeous flowers to make you feel better. :) I still haven't started the food diary. However, I also haven't touched the dessert tray at lunchtime. My coffee is now more decaffinated which hasn't proved to be a problem. I'm seeing the family doctor tomorrow..so here's hoping my BP is lower again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment